My little Olivia is growing up so fast. She's only been 4 for a week now, but I have already seen so many changes in her. It's like she turned four and someone gave her a "big girl" attitude as one of her presents. She can buckle herself up in the truck...I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but it means we can get in the truck and get going without having to wait for her to get in and then us buckling her. Anyway, this morning she was asking about why she can't have Dr. Pepper to drink. We explained that it's full of sugar and caffeine that aren't good for your body. She goes on to tell us that if you eat too much sugar, you can die. I just told her that sometimes that can happen to some people, but then she tells us that your teeth will fall out if you eat too much sugar. Chris's dad doesn't have any teeth and his mom has false ones, so this has been a huge issue at our house since they discovered this about their grandparents. It's our secret weapon against the kids not wanting to brush their teeth. Well, she goes on to tell us that your teeth will fall out and you will die if you eat too much sugar. Then she says, "Just like Jesus died on the cross." I told her that he did die on the cross, but he didn't stay dead. She then goes on to tell us the whole story and says, "he had thrones on his head, like a crown." When I corrected thrones to thorns, she said, "Yeah, I know," and without skipping a beat she went on and told us that he was bleeding and hurting so bad. I asked her if she knew that he did that just for us and not because he did something bad. It was because we were bad. She said, "Yeah, I know that, mama." 
She just cracks me up with the things she says lately. She's getting so big and is about to head off to pre-k at "big school". I just can't believe it! I don't know what I'm gonna do next year when both my kids are no longer in daycare right down the road from me. That first day of school is going to be the hardest...for me, probably not for them.



























No comments:
Post a Comment