Monday, August 11

One week down and forever to go

Well, it's official...I have been a Mrs. for over a week now. The wedding went great. The reception was so much fun, and the honeymoon, well, we'll just say that it was a blast too. So far, I love being married, but it is a little weird to refer to Chris as my husband and hear me referred to as his wife, but I wouldn't have it any other way. For all the stress I felt leading up to the big day, it all went rather smoothly. The stuff that did not go according to plan was fixed in no time at all. We have had so many people telling us how unique and sweet and great our wedding was. Even people who didn't attend told my family that they heard about how wonderful it was. It really makes me realize all the stress and hard work were worth it.

It was amazing how many family and friends attended. I got to see people I hadn't seen in years. I got to catch up with my best friend from high school, my three best friends from childhood and junior high, and one lady who use to change my diapers in the nursery. There were so many people there to celebrate with us and make our day the best ever.

We just got back last night from the honeymoon. We enjoyed some time away in Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. We went shopping, to a Rangers game, Fiesta Texas, Volente Beach, and more shopping. It was so good to get away, but this morning it was really hard to get out of bed and head back to work. I just have to remember that every morning I get up and head off to work means that I have all day to look forward to and dream about seeing Chris and the kids when I get home. It makes the day move a little faster and more bareable.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am so happy for you!! I kept waiting for you to blog about how it went. Put up some more pictures. You know I would love to see them.

Kristi said...

It looked so fun! Congrats on your special day and the rest of your lives!