Tuesday, January 6

Pregnancy Brain Strikes Again

I was nominated to be in charge of Morgan's baby shower, so obviously I would be doing the invitations considering making event invites is a small side job I have. I made a cute little layout on her favorite green colored paper, found a sweet little poem about the baby, and added all the info. I printed out fifty or so invites, picked out backgroud paper and ribbon, and started creating. After trying to coordinate with ten other hostesses, we changed the time only once from 1-3pm to 3-4:30. No big deal, right? Well, I hand delivered the hostesses' to them on Saturday at another baby shower I attended. When I got home later that afternoon, I received a call from my cousin informing me that her invite said 3-4:30 and her sister's said 1-3. When I looked back at my left over print outs, I discovered that I only changed the time on one half of the layout, so half the invites went out with the wrong time. I could not believe that I did this. Out of all the invitations I have made over the years, I have never made a mistake like this. I spent yesterday making postcards to mail out to everyone with the correct time. So instead of saving money by hand delivering the hostesses' invitations, I had to spend 27 cents to mail out each of the thirty something cards with the right time. This pregnancy brain thing is really causing me some trouble. What is it about having a baby in your tummy and not being able to focus and use common sense?

No comments: