Monday, February 23

Am I Only Dreaming?

Being married to a very sound sleeper has had it's frustrations, but my biggest concern was having help with the baby when she wakes in the middle of the night. Some mornings I feel like I need a bulldozer just to get Chris out of bed, but last night I had a revelation. I am a stomach sleeper, so these last few months have been some rough nights with little sleep because obviously, I can't sleep on my tummy. I have managed to find a comfy spot on each of my sides that seems to do the trick, but when it's time to roll over, I have to lift my whole body and carefully maneuver to the opposite side. It's been a real pain to get back to sleep after all this maneuvering takes place, but I've managed. Apparently, last night, I was sleeping so soundly that I completely forgot that I have a huge protrusion on my front side. I decided just to roll on over it like it doesn't even exist. Boy was that a HUGE mistake. I screamed out in pain. Chris jumped up, grabbed me, and asked me if I was alright. I have never seen him move so fast. After the pain subsided and I was able to get comfy again, sleep didn't come easy, but I got to thinking that when it's Chris's turn to get up with Emerson, I'll just scream out in pain to get him up and moving. He'll then realize that the baby's crying, jump up, and resume with his Daddy duty. HA! We will see how this goes over in a couple of months. I imagine my pregnancy brain has moved into fantasy land, but there's always hope, right?
Big 'o belly at 29 weeks...they are concerned about her size so I will be having another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. It's no surprise to me though. Big babies just run in our family. My Nanny Bonner's smallest was 9 lbs. My dad weighed 10 lbs 15 ozs, and his grandpa was 15 lbs. It's just what my dad's side of the family does... plumbing and making big babies.

No comments: