Wednesday, March 11

The Bible Tells Me So

On Tuesday, I had my third ultrasound. It was no surprise when the technician and doctor both told me Emerson is really big. I have about eight weeks to go, and she's weighing in at 5 1/2 lbs. They were concerned that it's because of my diabetes, but my sugars are under control and have been for a while now. With Carson, I had diabetes, and he came on his due date weighing in at 8 lbs. 14 oz. With Olivia, I did not have diabetes, she was a week early, and weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz. If I would have gone full term with her, she could have weighed between nine and ten lbs. My Nanny Bonner had three kids. Her lightest baby was nine lbs. Second lightest was 9 lbs. 8 oz., and my dad was a whoppin' 10 lbs. 15 ozs. Nanny Bonner's dad was born in the early 1900's and weighed 15 lbs, so obviously big babies run in our family. I am not concerned at all that she will be a big baby. I have had two previously, and everything turned out just fine. They are healthy and not suffering any effects from being born big. I just really need the doctors to have wisdom in decision making and the information they give me. I trust in the Lord to protect Emerson and to have a healthy delivery, but this is the first time I have experienced doctors who, to me, seem to be overly cautious. They have said things that make me feel like I am a horrible person for even getting pregnant in the first place. Because I know that Emerson is a gift from the Lord, I can rest assured that he will guard her from all of these things that are spoken over her and automatically assumed to be wrong with her because of my health. I know that she is fearfully and wonderfully made because that is what his word tells me in Psalms 139:14. I also know that, "Every good and perfect gift is from above"(James 1:17.) No matter what the doctors' reports might say, I believe the report of the Lord. Emerson is healthy and strong and all that God has promised us that she will be.

With her arm covering her face, I can tell she
takes after her daddy in the area of shyness.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What in the world are the dr's saying to you about being pregnant???????

The nerve of some people......ugh.

Unknown said...

Good for you. Just keep refusing to believe the lies of the enemy. The devil would do anything to steal your pregnancy joy. She will be just fine!