Monday, July 21

Sad Saturday

Our weekend flew by so fast, but we had a pretty good one. We painted polka dots on 200 favor boxes, gathered pictures, and finalized rehearsal plans. I never imagined that I'd say this, but the highlight of our weekend was attending a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. It wasn't so much the pizza (if you've ever been there, you know what I mean.) It wasn't the great games, prizes, or the huge crowd of people there. It was mostly the fact of whose party it was. Olivia has absolutely been in love with a sweet (younger) boy from daycare. Ever since we started planing our wedding and getting our dresses, she's been talking about wearing hers when she marries John-Paul. It's the sweetest thing ever, but now the moment we've dreaded for so long has finally arrived. We had to break the news to her that her "betrothed" is moving away. On the way home from the party, we explained that his mom and dad got new jobs and their family is moving to another town. She started crying and said, "But I want to move too." It just broke my heart. I told her that mommy and daddy's jobs are here so we can't move. She then said, "I want to move with John-Paul." It's the hardest thing to explain to a four year old. She was heartbroken that her best friend and if she has anything to do with it, her future husband is moving far away. We consoled her as much as possible, but I know that they will miss each other so much. It's very sad, but I'm sure when she goes to "big school" this year, she'll quickly find her new "John-Paul."



3 comments:

Denae said...

awww...that's sweet!

Becky said...

can I leave a comment yet?

Becky said...

Yea.... I can. Tried to last week and it wouldn't let me.

Love readin about all the wedding excitement. And all the good and bad of in-laws. I understand!!

We're praying for you!!!