skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baby Ladybug
A month or so ago, Olivia told me that she wanted to have a baby sister and she wanted her name to be Baby Ladybug. She later told me that if it was a boy, it should be named Baby Grasshopper. I told her they were cute names and just sort of played along with it thinking it would change by the end of my pregnancy or even by the time we found out the baby's sex. A couple of weeks later, we were on our way home from church and were talking about baby names. I asked the kids if they liked the name Emerson for a girl. Olivia turned up her nose and said that she didn't like the name at all. When I told her that if the baby was a sister, her name would be Emerson, she started crying. I couldn't believe her little heart was broken. She cried and cried saying that she wanted the baby's name to be Baby Ladybug. When I suggested that maybe she get a new baby doll for Christmas and name her Baby Ladybug, she told me that that was going to be her baby sister's name. I then tried to ease her pain by suggesting she could call the baby Baby Ladybug but her name would be Emerson (If you know me well enough, you might have heard me on my soap box about baby names. It's one of my biggest pet peeves- naming your child one thing and calling them something else.) Chris has definitely heard this argument several times, so he was surprised that I would even mention this. Despite my ideas, Olivia didn't buy any of my suggestions. She just cried and kept crying that her sister's name would be Baby Ladybug. She eventually stopped crying, but it took some time.
It seems like we had to wait forever, but my ultrasound appointment finally came. We went ahead and took Carson and Olivia with us so they could see the baby. They did really good behavior wise. The baby just moved around so much that it took the technician a really long time to get all the proper measurements, so by the time she revealed the sex, both kids had long checked out of the appointment and were playing with their toys. Chris finally got their attention and told them that it was a baby girl. Carson stomped his foot and said, "Oh man. Ugh. I want to go live somewhere else." He would have left the room if we would have let him. He was not wanting to hear he was having another sister. It was quite funny.
The next morning, Carson and I were the first ones up. He hopped in the chair with me and said, "Mommy, I'm okay now about having a sister." I said, "Oh good. What was wrong yesterday that you didn't want another sister?" He looked at me so seriously and told me, "I was just tired. I hadn't had a nap, so I was tired, but I had a good night's rest and I'm alright now." I couldn't believe that my almost six year old was saying such a grown up thing.
Now we are all four super excited about our baby girl who will be arriving in early May. Every night, both Carson and Olivia kiss my tummy goodnight and say, "I love you Emerson Lou," so I think hearts are mended and well rested. It's all good now.
Here's a 3D of our Emerson Lou- a.k.a. Baby Ladybug
Lou is after Chris's grandmother, Betty Lou and his mom, Shirley Louise
1 comment:
Uh oh....so I guess Kenny Reese drives you nuts!
Post a Comment